Confluence pages can be set to include a left-hand navigation sidebar (table of contents) as shown below:
You can see an online example in the Crowd documentation Check the left-hand side of this page .
Follow the instructions below to add this sidebar to an individual space or across the entire site.
A. Install the PageTree Plugin
B. Create the SearchNavigation Page
Go to the 'Space Pages' view for the current space. To do this:
- Go to a page in the space, open the 'Space' menu and select 'Pages'. The 'Space Pages' view will open.
- Click the 'Tree' tab to see a tree view of the pages in your space.
- At the root level of the space, create a page named 'SearchNavigation'.
(The 'root' level contains pages that are added above the space's home page, not as children of the home page.)
- On the page, insert the following text: Note - Make sure to replace 'SPACEKEY' in the above code with the appropriate key of the space you wish to search.
C. Create the TreeNavigation Page
- At the root level of your space, create a page named 'TreeNavigation'.
- On the page, insert the following text:
pagetreemacro, you can specify the root of the pagetree.
Note - With the
- Further information on the
pagetreemacro can be found here.
D. Change the Page Layout on your given Space
- To do this, you must have Space Administrative rights on the given space and you must be a System Administrator.
Go to the 'Space Admin' tab of the Browse Space view. To do this:
- Go to a page in the space, open the 'Space' menu and select 'Space Admin'. The 'Space Administration' view will open.
'Space Admin' is only displayed if you are a space administrator.
- Make sure the Confluence Default theme is selected from the 'Themes' menu.
- Click 'Layout' under the 'Look and Feel' section.
- Click 'Create Custom' under the 'Page Layout' section.
- Replace a section of the layout as described below, then save the updated layout.
Replace this code....
Replace this section of the page layout code...
with this for Confluence 2.5 & earlier
...or with this for Confluence 2.6 or greater