The Dashboard is the front page of a Confluence site. It provides an overview of the site, access to all spaces to which you have 'view' permission, and displays a list of the most recently updated content within them.
You can go to the Dashboard from any page on your site by clicking on the logo beside the page title or via the Breadcrumbs (the "You are here" path) located at the top of every page.
The dashboard is divided into six sections:
Screenshot: Overview of Dashboard with Explanations Below
- Welcome message — the welcome message for the site, which can be configured via the Administration Console.
Confluence Administrators can customise this message via the Administration Console.
- Useful links — Links to a number of useful functions in Confluence, i.e.
- List of spaces — A list of the spaces within the Confluence site to which you have access, presented via convenient tabs: 'My', 'Team', 'New' or 'All' spaces. See Customising your Personal Dashboard.
- Quick add page/blog post — Two buttons at the top right of the Dashboard allow you to quickly add a page or blog post without having to browse to a specific space first. Upon clicking one of these, a pop-up balloon opens, allowing you to easily select the space where you want to add the page or blog post and in the case of pages, choose a template on which to base the page content. Once you click 'Next', Confluence will open the new page in edit mode.
Screenshot: Add Buttons Dialog on the Confluence Dashboard
- Recently updated — A list of the most Recently Updated documents on the site from the spaces listed. For example, if you click on the tab 'Team' in the list of spaces, then only recently updated content from your team spaces will be listed here.
- Favourite pages — A list of your Favourite Pages. See Working with Favourites.
The Dashboard is the only place in Confluence from where you can:
- Access all existing spaces on the site.
- Add a new space to the site.
Take me back to the Confluence User's Guide.