This document provides information on configuring an external database.
The Embedded Database for Evaluation Purposes
The Confluence installation includes an embedded HSQLDB database, supplied for the purpose of evaluating Confluence.
Selecting an External Database
The XML backup built into Confluence is not well suited for database migration for large data sets (see Production Backup Strategy). Choose your database wisely. If you need to migrate later, Atlassian support will refer you to a third party database migration tool. Vote for CONF-12599 to add a more robust strategy for large implementation migrations.
Below is more information on selecting and migrating to an external database:
Setup instructions are shown below.
- Database JDBC drivers
- Database Setup for Oracle
- Database Setup for SQL Server
- Database Setup For Any External Database
- Database Setup for PostgreSQL
- Database Setup For MySQL
Optimising Database Performance
To improve database responsiveness:
For solving database-related problems:
- Troubleshooting External Database Connections
- Troubleshooting the Embedded Database (hSQL DB)
- Interpreting DB2 error codes
- Known Issues For Supported Databases
Obtain technical support from Troubleshooting Problems and Requesting Technical Support.