When viewing a wiki page that displays an attached Office document, you can launch your Office editor directly from Confluence. This allows you to edit an Excel spreadsheet from within Confluence and save it back to Confluence.
This is just one of the ways Confluence can interact with Office documents. For an overview of all Office Connector features, please refer to Working with the Office Connector.
Your System Administrator can enable or disable the Office Connector or parts of it. The Office Connector options can appear in different places on your Confluence page, depending on the themes and configuration of your Confluence site. Please refer to Configuring the Office Connector in the Confluence Administration Guide and discuss any configuration problems with your administrator.
On this page:
Prerequisites for Editing an Attached Office Spreadsheet
The Office Connector allows you to edit:
- Office files embedded in a wiki page or from the page's attachments view
- The contents of a wiki page in a compatible Office word processor application.
To make use of these editing capabilities, you will need the setup described below.
- If you are using Firefox, you will need to install a Firefox add-on. Firefox will prompt you to do this, the first time the add-on is required. You will find instructions in Installing the Firefox Add-On for the Office Connector.
Office File Editors
- If you are using Firefox, you can choose which of the above editors you want to use. The Firefox add-on allows you to configure this option for each file type. See Installing the Firefox Add-On for the Office Connector.
- If you are using Internet Explorer, you will need Microsoft Office. You cannot edit Office files in OpenOffice when using Internet Explorer.
You need one of the following software combinations to edit Office files from your wiki page:
Editing an Office Spreadsheet in your Office Application
To edit an Office spreadsheet in your Office application,
Problems? Please refer to our guide to the Office Connector limitations and known issues.
- Office Connector Prerequisites
- Installing the Firefox Add-On for the Office Connector
- Editing a Confluence Page in an Office Application
- Importing an Office Document into Confluence
- Displaying Office Files in Confluence
- Editing an Office Document from Confluence
- Editing an Office Presentation from Confluence
- Editing an Office Spreadsheet from Confluence
Configuring the Office Connector in the Confluence Administration Guide
Take me back to the Confluence User's Guide.