Confluence tracks histories of changes to pages by maintaining a version of the page each time it is modified. It is easy to view changes between different versions and to restore a previous version if required.
On this page:
Accessing the Page History View
To view the history of a page,
Screenshot: Page History View
If you are viewing a specific version of the page, the following functions are available:
- View the previous or next page versions by clicking '<< View previous version' or 'view next version >>', respectively.
- Compare the differences between the version of the page you are viewing and the previous one by clicking 'view differences'.
Viewing Changes in a Page History
The page history view and page information view allow you to view recent changes made to a page or to compare the differences between any two versions of a page.
Viewing Recent Changes
To view recent changes made to a page,
Comparing Two Different Versions of a Page
To compare two different versions of a page,
Page Comparison View
The page comparison view shows the differences in wiki markup between selected page versions.
On the page comparison view, the following key is used to depict wiki markup differences between the selected page versions:
- New lines or continuous sections of content are highlighted in green
- Removed lines or continuous sections of content are highlighted in red with a strike
- Whole lines containing only minor changes show the:
- Additions highlighted in green
- Deletions highlighted in red with a strike
Screenshot: Comparing Changes
When a page comparison view is first displayed, all large sections of unchanged text are hidden and reduced to an ellipsis ' . . . '. Each one of these sections is 'toggled', such that:
- Clicking one of these ellipses reveals and expands the text it hides
- Clicking an expanded section of text hides and contracts it back to an ellipsis
You can also view page changes between versions which are adjacent to your current page comparison view. Click the link containing:
- '<<' to view the page comparison with the earlier adjacent version
- '>>' to view the page comparison with the more recent adjacent version.
Screenshot: Interactive Page Comparison Views
Other Page History View Features
You can also use the page history view to:
Take me back to the Confluence User's Guide.