There are two places in Confluence where you can view attachment details:
- View the list of attachments in a space — this will show all files/images attached to all pages in the space.
- View the list of attachments for a specific page.
Viewing Attachments in a Space
To view the attachments associated with a space:
Go to a page in the space and choose Browse > Attachments. The 'Space Attachments' view will open.This displays a list of all the attachments in the space, along with their details and the pages they are attached to.
- You can choose to view only files of a particular type:
- Type the last part of the file name in the Filter By File Extension text field. For example, enter 'gif' to see only image files of the GIF format.
- Click Go.
Screenshot: Space Attachment Details
Viewing Attachments on a Page
To view the attachments associated with a page:
- Go to the page.
Choose Tools > Attachments to go to the 'Attachments' view for the page.This will display a list of all the attachments in the page along with their details. For each attachment, links are also provided to edit the attachment's details and to delete the attachment.
Screenshot: Page Attachment Details
In the screenshot above, Fred Ferdinando created the first version of
Example Word 2007 Doc.docx, Administrator uploaded the second version and Fred Ferdinando added the third (current) version.
The attachment views show the following fields. (The page view shows a different subset of fields from the space view.)
- Name is the name of the attached file.
- Size tells you how much space the attachment takes up. You can sort by size by clicking the column title.
- Creator is the user who attached this file. The person who uploaded each new version of a file will be acknowledged as the creator of that version. Clicking on the link takes you to their profile.
- Creation Date is the date the file was attached. You can sort by date by clicking the column title.
- Last Mod. Date is the date the file was last modified. Please refer to definition of Last Modifier for a list of actions that qualify as a modification.
- Attached To (in the space view) tells you which page contains the attachment.
- Comment (in the page view) is a short description of the attachment.
- The Properties link (in the page view) lets you edit the attachment details.
- The Remove link (in the page view) lets you delete the attachment.
- The Edit link (in the page view) only appears next to Office files and lets you edit that attachment directly from the list of attachments. See Viewing and Editing Attached Files.
- The View link (in the page view) only appears next to Office and PDF files and lets you view that attached attachment directly from the list of attachments. See Viewing and Editing Attached Files.
Viewing and Editing Attached Files
If an attachment is an Office or PDF file, you will see a View link as shown in the screen snippet below. Furthermore, if the attachment is an Office file, it will also have an Edit link.
Screenshot: Office and PDF file page attachments showing the 'View' and 'Edit' links
Click the View link to view the content of the Office file within Confluence.
Click the Edit link to edit the content of the Office file in your Office application. You must have a compatible Office application installed to do this. Refer to Working with the Office Connector for more information.
Attachment Information Icon
When a page you are viewing contains attachments, a small paperclip icon appears next to the page byline. Clicking the paperclip will take you to the 'Attachments' view, where the full list of attachments is displayed.
Take me back to the Confluence User's Guide.