JIRA Release Notes
Keep up to date with the latest features by browsing our summary release notes here.
If you have not done so already the latest version of JIRA can always be downloaded here. There are three separate downloads for Windows, Mac and Linux users.
You may wish to start by viewing the Add Project video(.mov file) to get an idea on where to start. The next step would be the JIRA Quick Start Guide. It contains information on how to add users, customise workflow, custom field/screen configurations and more.
Migrating Issues From Other Systems
When migrating from other issue trackers or systems, you may wish to take your data with you. Depending on what issue tracker you are migrating from, you are recommended to use one of the methods listed here to import data into JIRA.
We also have some short video tutorials which you can watch. Each file is a .mov file which can be played in Quicktime (free).
Please note that while these videos were created using an older version of JIRA, the instructions they convey are largely unchanged.
Specific Feature Demonstrations
- Setup Service Level Agreements (SLA) using Filters
- Add Your First Project
- Users, Groups, Roles
- Workflow Scheme
- Integration with Confluence
- Permission Scheme
- Issue Security Scheme
- Adding a Custom Field
- Sharing Dashboards
- Sharing Filters
- Creating Comments/Issues by Email (avi version, or m4v version)
Atlassian offers training modules for all users from first time users to experienced administrators. Read about our official training packages here.
Raising a Support Request
If you are having problems getting JIRA up and running you can raise a support ticket via the Atlassian Support System:
- If you do not already have a free Atlassian support account, create one here.
- Log in to https://support.atlassian.com and select 'Create New Issue'.
- Select the JIRA Support project and select the appropriate issue type.
- Lodge a detailed description of your problem in the new support ticket.
- Fill in all applicable information about your system, such as application server, database, etc.