A Crucible project is a collection of reviews, typically reviews that all relate to the same application. In addition to providing a logical way of grouping reviews together, a project allows you to
- define default moderators, authors and reviewers for the reviews in that project.
- define which people are eligible to be reviewers for the reviews in that project.
- use permission schemes to restrict who can perform particular actions (e.g. 'Create Review') in that project.
Every Crucible review belongs to a project. Each project has a name (e.g. ACME Development) and a key (e.g. ACME). The project key becomes the first part of that project's review keys, e.g. ACME-101, ACME-102, etc:
By default, Crucible contains one project. This default project has the key 'CR' and the name 'Default Project'.
To create a new project,
Screenshot: The Create/Edit Project Screen
- From the 'Admin Menu', click 'Project List'.
- The 'Projects List' page will be displayed. Click the 'Create a New Project' link, which appears at the bottom of the list of existing projects.
- The 'Create Project' page will be displayed.
- In the 'Name' field, type a short phrase that describes your project.
- In the 'Key' field, type a few characters to uniquely identify your project. This key must consist of alphabetic and/or numeric characters and hyphens only.
- In the 'Default Repository' field, select the repository which contains source code relating to this project.
This repository is the one that will be searched by default when you add files to a review.
- In the 'Default Moderator' field, type the name of the person who will appear by default in the 'Moderator' field when you create a new review; or leave this field blank to force the review's creator to choose a moderator.
- (Optional) Under 'Default Reviewers', select the people to whom new reviews in this project will be assigned by default:
- Select the 'Let allowed review participants join a review' check-box if you wish to determine the default for the 'Allow anyone to join' option on the 'Adding Reviewers' screen.
- In the 'Users' field, type the name(s) of individual users to whom new reviews will be assigned by default.
- In the 'Groups' field, type the name(s) of groups to whose members new reviews will be assigned by default.
- (Optional) Under Allowed Review Participants', select who will be allowed to have a role (i.e. be an author/creator/moderator/reviewer) in this project's reviews:
- In the 'Users' field, type the name(s) of individual users who will be eligible to be authors/creators/moderators/reviewers for reviews in this project*.
- In the 'Groups' field, type the name(s) of groups whose members will be eligible to be authors/creators/moderators/reviewers for reviews in this project*.
* These users will be the only ones whose names appear when a review is assigned.
- In the 'Permission Scheme' drop-down list, select the relevant permission scheme for this project. (A permission scheme controls who can perform particular actions, e.g. 'Create Review'.)
- In the Review Duration section, you can enter a value for the number of working days that you want the review to run for. Simply type the number of days into the text entry field marked 'Default duration in week days' and click 'Save'.