This page shows the supported platforms for Crucible 2.2.x and its minor releases.
Key: = Supported; = Not Supported
JRE / JDK (1)
1.5 or 1.6
Microsoft Windows (2)
Apple Mac OS X (2)
MySQL Enterprise Server 5.0.21 or later
8.0 or later
Microsoft Internet Explorer
7.0 or later, IE6 is not supported
3 or later
4 or later
Version Control Systems
CVS (and CVSNT)
All versions (requires FishEye)
1.6 or later (requires FishEye)
2003.06.10 or later (requires FishEye)
Supported Platform Notes
1. Crucible requires Java Runtime (JDK or JRE) version 1.5 or later (Solaris requires 1.5.0_15 as a minimum).
You can download a Java Runtime for Windows/Linux/Solaris. On Mac OS X, the JDK is bundled with the operating system.
Once you have installed the JDK, you need to set the JAVA_HOME environment variable.
We strongly recommend the use of a 32-bit JDK/JRE rather than a 64-bit JDK/JRE. 64-bit JDK/JREs will consume the available RAM more rapidly, and this may result in poor performance.
2. Crucible is a pure Java application and should run on any platform provided the requirements for the JRE or JDK are satisfied.
3. The Crucible built-in database, running HSQLDB is somewhat susceptible to data loss during system crashes. External databases are generally more resistant to data loss during a system crash.
At this time, Crucible supports the following external databases:
- MySQL Enterprise Server 5.0.21 onwards and MySQL Community Server 5.0.21 onwards (see the Crucible Database documentation).
- PostGreSQL 8.x onwards (see the Crucible Database documentation).
Deployment Notes for Source Code Repositories
Crucible can also store uploaded files in its own database, removing the need for any kind of repository. Subversion, CVS, Perforce, Git and IBM ClearCase are supported when Crucible is used with FishEye. See the FishEye Supported Platforms.