Atlassian's JIRA is an issue tracking application that you can use to manage projects and associated work. You can integrate JIRA with Crucible by using the bundled Application Links plugin.
On this page:
Before You Begin
Integrating your JIRA Server with your Crucible Server
Note: The links in the instructions below point to the Application Links documentation.
To integrate your JIRA server with your Crucible server:
- Create an application link between JIRA and Crucible. See the Application Links documentation.
- Configure authentication for the new application link. See the Application Links documentation.
- Create project links for the mappings between your Crucible repositories and JIRA projects. See the Application Links documentation.
The Application Links Quick Start Guide provides an example of setting up an application link.
Obtaining Subtask Values for Crucible Configuration
Obtaining the Subtask ID Values
This value is required (along with the Subtask Resolution ID and Subtask Resolution Action ID) to enable creating issues from a Crucible comment. This is the subtask type that will be created when you create a JIRA subtask in Crucible.
To set this up in Crucible, carry out the following steps.
- Enable sub-tasks on your JIRA instance. See the JIRA documentation.
- Return to the Crucible Administration screen and then click 'Application Links' under the 'Global Settings' sub-menu on the left navigation bar.
- Click 'JIRA settings' next to the application link to the desired JIRA server. The 'Update JIRA Server' screen will be displayed.
- Click 'Test'. The field for 'Subtask Type ID' will change to a drop-down menu, showing the available subtask types. Choose the correct one. The field for 'Subtask Resolution' will also turn into a drop-down menu. Select the desired item from this menu as well.
- Click 'Save' to save your Crucible configuration settings.
Screenshot: Filling in Subtask Values
- Open your JIRA instance and go to 'Administration' > 'Workflows'. The 'Workflows' screen opens. By default, the 'JIRA' workflow is shown on screen in a table.
- Click the 'Steps' link in the far right table cell. The 'View Workflow Steps — JIRA' page opens.
- The 'Subtask Resolution Action ID' is in the 'Open' row, under the 'Transitions' column. Look at the link in that cell named 'Resolve Issue'. The ID number is shown in brackets next to that heading 'Resolve Issue' (shown in the screenshot below as 5).
- Enter the number into the field in Crucible.
- Save your Crucible configuration settings.
- Your Crucible JIRA integration should now be complete.
Screenshot: Obtaining the Subtask Resolution Action ID
If you decide to use Trusted Applications for authentication with your JIRA server, activity streams and subtasks created from review defects will be generated using the currently logged in user. However JIRA project mapping and issue key linking (including the associated 'hovering' content) will be retrieved using the user specified on the 'Update JIRA Server' configuration page shown above.