This page shows the supported platforms for Crucible 2.6.x and its minor releases.
Key: = Supported; = Not Supported
JRE / JDK (1)
Microsoft Windows (2)
Apple Mac OS X (2)
MySQL Enterprise Server 5.0.21 or later
8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4
2005 and 2008
(bundled; for evaluation use only)
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Version Control Systems
Server 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6.
CVS (and CVSNT)
Client version 2007.3 or later
1.5.1 or later (Crucible 2.6.2 or later is needed for Mercurial 1.9) (Python 2.4.3 or later)
2003.06.10 or later
Supported Platform Notes
1. Crucible requires Java Runtime (JDK or JRE), version as noted in the table above. Pre-release/Early access versions of the Java Runtime are not supported.
You can download a Java Runtime for Windows/Linux/Solaris. On Mac OS X, the JDK is bundled with the operating system. Note: We highly recommend that you use the Oracle JVM (or use the default Mac OS X JVM), as other implementations have not been tested. Please note:
- Once you have installed the JDK, you need to set the JAVA_HOME environment variable.
- We strongly recommend the use of a 32-bit JDK/JRE rather than a 64-bit JDK/JRE. 64-bit JDK/JREs will consume the available RAM more rapidly, and this may result in poor performance.
2. Crucible is a pure Java application and should run on any platform provided the requirements for the JRE or JDK are satisfied.
3. The Crucible built-in database, running HSQLDB is somewhat susceptible to data loss during system crashes. We recommend that you do not use HSQLDB for production systems. External databases are generally more resistant to data loss during a system crash and are more suited for production use.
FishEye also supports a number of external databases, as noted in the table above. See the Crucible Database documentation for further details.
Deployment Notes for Source Code Repositories
Crucible can also store uploaded files in its own database, removing the need for any kind of repository. A number of external databases are supported when Crucible is used with FishEye. See the FishEye Supported Platforms.