Your profile picture is used as the icon for your personal space, to represent you in the People Directory, and to illustrate your comments. It also appears in various other places next to your name, such as in the list of recent updates on the dashboard.
You can upload your own profile picture or use one of the images provided by Confluence. If you upload your own profile picture, you will have an opportunity to crop (trim) the picture.
To choose a profile picture:
- Choose your profile picture at top right of the screen, then choose Profile.
- Click Picture on the left.
- Choose one of the following two options:
- Upload a new picture: Click Browse to locate your picture, then click Upload to upload it from your computer or file server.
- Or select one of the default icons provided.
- Click Set Profile Picture.
Screenshot: Choosing a profile picture
If you upload a profile picture that is larger than 48x48 pixels, the 'Edit My Profile Picture' screen will appear. You can select part of the picture or the entire picture, to be used as the final image for your profile. Note that the size of the final image will always be scaled down to 48x48 pixels.
To edit your profile picture:
- Click and drag the centre of the superimposed square to select the centre of the new image.
- Click the corners of the square to resize the area for your new image.
- Click Save.
- The image from your selected area will be cropped, resized to 48x48 pixels and saved.
Screenshot: Trimming a profile picture