This page gets you started on customising the Confluence login page, to add your own logo or custom text. This will not customise the login process, just what users sees when they log in.
- Customisations to the Confluence login page will need to be reapplied when you upgrade Confluence. Consider this before making drastic changes to the layout, and be sure to keep a list of what you have changed for your upgrade process later.
- Please test your changes on a test Confluence site first.
Only administrators with access to the server where Confluence is running can modify the Confluence login page.
To change the login page:
- Shut down your Confluence server.
- In the Confluence installation directory, find the file
- Make a copy of this file as a backup.
- Edit the file with a text editor to make the required changes. The content contains a mixture of HTML and Velocity. See Velocity Template Overview (in our developer documentation).
- Start Confluence and test your changes.
The same process can be applied to modify most of the templates in the Confluence web application. Be careful to test your changes before applying them to a live site. The templates contain code that is vital for Confluence to function, and it is easy to accidentally make a change that prevents use of your site.