Below are some ideas on how you can display a presentation on a Confluence page.
Option 1 - Office Connector for Confluence
The Office Connector provides the most straightforward way to display PowerPoint slides.
- Attach your PowerPoint file to a Confluence page - see Attaching Files to a Page.
- Use the Office PowerPoint View File macro to display the presentation on the page.
Alternatively you can drag your PowerPoint file directly into the editor, and Confluence will attach the file and display it in the Office PowerPoint View File Macro for you.
Option 2 - PDF View File macro
- Convert your presentation to PDF, using 'Save as > PDF' in PowerPoint (PowerPoint 2007 and later).
- Attach the PDF file to your Confluence page.
- Use the PDF View File macro to display the presentation on the page. The PDF View File macro contains Next Slide, Previous Slide and Full Screen Mode buttons for controlling your presentation.
Alternatively you can drag your PDF file directly into the editor, and Confluence will attach the file and display it in the PDF View File Macro for you.
This method is also useful for presentations created in other packages such as Keynote.
Option 3 - Gallery or Slide Show of JPEG or PNG Images
- Convert your PowerPoint presentation into JPEG or PNG images, using 'save as' from PowerPoint (slide1.jpg, slide2.jpg...).
- Upload the image files as attachments to your Confluence page.
- Use the Gallery macro to display the images as a slide show in Confluence.