2.1.2 is a free upgrade for all customers who purchased their Confluence license after January 12th, 2005.
Who should upgrade?
Confluence 2.1.2 fixes a number of bugs found in Confluence 2.1.1 and earlier. Customers are recommended to upgrade if they are experiencing any of the issues fixed in this release.
If you are using MySQL, please apply the patch detailed in this bug report http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-5153. That is, please download 2.1.2, extract it, and copy the above mentioned patch into the unpacked 2.1.2 distribution and then go about your upgrade. We will be releasing a version with this patch bundled soon.
Upgrading Confluence should be pretty easy. If you are upgrading from Confluence 2.1 or 2.1.1, you can find instructions here. We strongly recommend that you backup your
confluence.home directory and database before upgrading!
If you are upgrading from Confluence 2.0.3 or earlier, please check the release-notes of the other major Confluence releases:
- Release Notes 2.1
- Release Notes 2.0
- Release Notes 1.4
- Release Notes 1.3
- Release Notes 1.2
- Release Notes 1.1
Changes in 2.1.2
See also: Issues resolved for 2.1.2
- JiraPortlet macro now has an optional "baseurl" parameter for when Confluence accesses JIRA from a different URL to regular users – CONF-4897
- Children listed at the bottom of pages are now sorted alphabetically – CONF-4878
- Confluence warns space administrators when they permit anonymous access to a space, but global anonymous access is disabled – CONF-4898
- NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE popup no longer appears when editing certain pages in Firefox – CONF-5038
- "Error converting parameters" popup no longer appears when editing certain pages in Safari – CONF-4976
- Edit page no longer returns NoSuchElementException error under some circumstances – CONF-5007
- "Last week" and "Last month" searches no longer fail when time period spans the new year – CONF-5056
- News items marked as favourites are now listed on the dashboard – CONF-4998
- Mail attachments no longer show up in recent changes on dashboard – CONF-4684
- PDF Export no longer fails with error parsing background-color attributes – CONF-5026
- Anonymous users do not cause a crash when exporting a space – CONF-5129
- Disabling a servlet plugin no longer causes a NullPointerException – CONF-5021
- Notification emails no longer prepend the site's context path twice to certain URLs – CONF-5024
- It is now possible to move a page between spaces and change its parent in the same operation – CONF-5103
- Dashboard favourite selection now works in Opera 8.5 – CONF-5012
- Username links no longer cause a NullPointerException in certain configurations – CONF-5028