Confluence 2.2.4 is a maintenance release that resolves an assortment of issues users may have encountered using Confluence 2.2.
2.2.4 is a free upgrade for all customers who purchased their Confluence license after June 22nd, 2005.
Who should upgrade?
Confluence 2.2.4 is a minor bugfix release. Customers should consult the list of issues resolved in this release to determine if it is worth their while upgrading.
Customers still running Confluence 2.2.2 or earlier are recommended to upgrade, as a significant security vulnerability was resolved in Confluence 2.2.3
Upgrading Confluence should be pretty easy. If you are upgrading from Confluence 2.2 - 2.2.3, you can find instructions here. We strongly recommend that you backup your
confluence.home directory and database before upgrading!
If you are upgrading from Confluence 2.1.5 or earlier, please check the release-notes of the other major Confluence releases:
- Release Notes 2.2
- Release Notes 2.1
- Release Notes 2.0
- Release Notes 1.4
- Release Notes 1.3
- Release Notes 1.2
- Release Notes 1.1
Changes in 2.2.4
We are currently trialling a process of more frequent bugfix releases, to make fixes available as soon as possible to those people who want them. 2.2.4 resolves six issues:
See also: Issues Resolved for 2.2.4
- The "Space Admin" tab is no longer displayed to non-administrators. (Even though the tab was visible, non-administrators could still not access any of the administrative functions) CONF-6385
- Personal spaces are no longer listed in the space picker in the feed builder CONF-6830
- Attempts to create news items with invalid characters now fail with the correct error message CONF-6358
- The velocity manager is no longer loaded twice, saving memory. CONF-6355
- The velocity cache now expires templates that have not been recently used, potentially saving memory. CONF-6339
- Putting pages into, and removing them from the trash now trigger the correct events within Confluence CONF-6353