The people directory displays a list of people who are authorised to log in to your Confluence site.
The people directory includes anybody who has logged into Confluence or who has had a user account created for them in Confluence.
The people directory does not include users who can log into Confluence using external user management if they have never yet logged in.
Viewing the people directory
Choose People at the top of the screen.
Searching for people
To search for a particular person, type their first name and/or last name into the search box and choose Search.
- To see everyone who uses your Confluence site, choose All People.
- To see just those people who have set up a personal space, choose People with Personal Spaces.
Following people's activities
Confluence's network features allow you to 'follow' (that is, keep track of) other people's activities in your Confluence site. For more information, please refer to Network Overview. You can use the hover profile feature in the people directory to start following other people.
- To start following someone, move your mouse over their name or profile picture and choose Follow in their profile popup.
- To stop following someone, move your mouse over their name or profile picture and choose Stop Following in their profile popup.
Once you start following another person, their activities will start appearing in your network view.
Screenshot: The people directory
- The people directory uses the hCard microformat for simple integration with a variety of microformat-enabled tools. hCard is an open data format for representing people, companies, organisations, and places. Read more about microformats and hCard.
By default, deactivated users (disabled user accounts) are excluded from the people directory. You can include them by adding the
showDeactivatedUsersparameter to the URL. For example:
By default, externally deleted users (for example, users deleted from an LDAP repository) are excluded from the people directory. You can include them by adding the
showExternallyDeletedUsersparameter to the URL. For example:
- The Confluence administrator can hide the people directory. If it is hidden, you will not see the People Directory option.