You can 'watch' a page, blog post or space. Confluence will then send you a notification by email whenever anyone adds or updates content on that page or space. You can also subscribe to daily email reports and other notifications of various updates, as described below.
You will only receive notifications for content that you have permission to view. Users that have been disabled by an administrator will not receive email notifications.
Subscribing to email notifications
- A daily report of updates to all spaces that you have permission to view.
- An immediate report of all blog posts added or changed, in all spaces that you have permission to view.
- An immediate report of all updates made by the people you are following, in all spaces that you have permission to view.
- An immediate report when someone follows you.
- A daily or weekly report of recommended updates, in all spaces that you have permission to view.
To edit your email notification settings:
- Choose your profile picture at top right of the screen, then choose Settings.
- Click Email in the left-hand panel.
- Click Edit.
Below is an explanation of all the email settings is explained below.
Option: Do you want Confluence to automatically add you as a watcher on each page or blog post that you add or update? If you are a watcher of a page or a post, you will receive notification of future changes.
Subscribe to daily updates
Receive email reports showing changes to content in all spaces that you have permission to view.
Subscribe to all blog posts
Receive email notifications for changes to blogs in your Confluence installation that you have permission to view.
Subscribe to network
Receive email notifications for changes to content by all users that you are following, which you have permission to view.
Subscribe to new follower notifications
Receive an email message when anyone chooses to follow you.
Notify on my actions
Option: Do you want to receive email notifications for your own changes?
Show changed content
Option: Do you want your notifications to include details of the changes made to the content?
Subscribe to recommended updates
Receive an email message showing the top content that is relevant to you from spaces that you have permission to view.
How do you set the frequency of the mail message? A link in the email message allows you to choose daily or weekly notifications.
How do you enable and disable the notification? You can turn off the notification by clicking a link in the email message. You can also turn the notification on or off by setting the 'Subscribe to recommended updates' option in your user profile.
Confluence chooses the content to display, based on:
'Recent' means any activity that occurred since the last recommended updates message was sent to you.
The activities are listed in order of popularity, with the most popular at the top. Likes, comments and content creations are scored equally. Activity that involves people in your network ranks higher than activity not involving your network. Content in your favourite spaces also ranks higher than content in other spaces. The recommended updates summary does not include any content that you created yourself, and it gives a lower ranking to content that you have participated in, for example by adding a comment or updating the page.
If there is no activity to report, Confluence will not send the email message.
|Daily (weekdays at 1pm) or weekly|
Notes for administrators
To enable Confluence to send email notifications, a System Administrator must configure an email server. See Configuring a Server for Outgoing Mail.
- Confluence Administrators can set the default options for the recommended updates notification. Choose the cog icon at top right of the screen, then choose Confluence Admin. Click Recommended Updates Email in the left-hand panel. See Configuring the Recommended Updates Email Notification.