This page tells you how to remove a gadget from an Atlassian application's dashboard. These instructions assume that you are using an application that supports the new Atlassian Gadgets framework.
On this page:
Removing a Gadget from your Dashboard
To remove a gadget from your Atlassian dashboard,
- Go to your application's dashboard. In most cases, you will do this by clicking the 'Dashboard' link or the 'Home' link at the top left of the application screen.
- The dashboard will appear, looking something like the screenshot below. Find the gadget you want to remove.
- Hover your cursor over the gadget and click the dropdown menu icon
at top right of the gadget frame.
- The dropdown menu will appear, as shown in the screenshot below. Click the 'Delete' option in the menu.
- A popup dialogue will appear, asking you to confirm the deletion. Click 'OK'.
- The gadget will disappear from your dashboard and the other gadgets will move to fill its place.
Screenshot: Deleting a gadget from a dashboard
Removing a Gadget from the Directory of Available Gadgets
You need to have administrator privileges to remove a gadget from the list of available gadgets. Please refer to the Gadgets and Dashboards Administration Guide.
Permission to Remove a Gadget
Your ability to update a dashboard depends on the application hosting the dashboard. Most applications will require you to log in before you can update the dashboard. Your ability to update the dashboard may then depend on the permissions assigned to your username.
Will the Removal of the Gadget Affect other People?
This depends on the application hosting the dashboard:
- In most cases, you will need to log in to the application before you can update the dashboard, and your updates will apply only to your personal dashboard.
- Some applications allow dashboards that are shared by groups of people. If you have permission to update a shared dashboard, the other people sharing the dashboard will see your changes too.
- If you have permission to update an application's default dashboard, your changes to the default dashboard will be seen by anyone who views that dashboard.
Gadgets and Dashboards Administration Guide
Gadgets and Dashboards User Guide