You can use the GreenHopper Days Remaining gadget to see how long you have before the next release is due. The gadget displays the number of days before a given version of your project is due to be released. You can add a number of these gadgets to your dashboard, tracking different projects and versions.
For more information on using gadgets in JIRA, see the JIRA documentation.
Adding the GreenHopper Days Remaining Gadget to your JIRA Dashboard
Tip: You can add a number of GreenHopper Days Remaining gadgets to your dashboard, if you wish to track more than one project or version.
To add the GreenHopper Days Remaining gadget to your JIRA dashboard,
- Log in to JIRA, or go to your dashboard if you are already logged in.
- Click the 'Add Gadget' link in the top right. The 'Gadget Directory' screen appears.
- Find the 'GreenHopper Days Remaining' gadget in the list of gadgets and click 'Add it Now'.
- Click the 'Finished' button at the bottom right.
- The GreenHopper Days Remaining gadget will appear on your dashboard. Enter the following setup details for your gadget:
- 'Project' – Select the JIRA project that you want this gadget to track.
- 'Display Parent Details' – Select 'Yes' if you want the gadget to display the details about the parent version of the selected version, as well as the number of days left for the selected version. The gadget will show the following details for the parent version: Version number, release date and number of days left. See screenshot 2 below.
- 'Refresh Interval' – Select the time interval to determine how often the data in the gadget will be refreshed.
- Click the 'Save' button. The GreenHopper Days Remaining gadget will now show the details for the chosen project:
- If there are one or more versions in the project that are awaiting release, the gadget will by default display the number of days between now and the date of the next release. See screenshot 1 below.
- If the project has no versions to be released, such as a project in which all its versions have been released or one in which no versions were created, the gadget will display a message like this:
<project name> has no unreleased versions.
- If the project has one or more versions to be released, but none of them have a future release date, you will see a dropdown list of unreleased versions. However, you will not be able to select any of them because they have no future release dates.
- If you like, you can configure the gadget to display the number of days between now and a specific release:
- Select a version from the version (below.
) dropdown. The default is the next version scheduled for release. Note that the dropdown list includes only versions that have not been released, and you can only select versions with a future release date. See screenshot 2
Screenshot 1: The GreenHopper Days Remaining gadget showing number of days before the next release
Screenshot 2: The GreenHopper Days Remaining gadget showing a selected version and details of the master version too
The big list of Atlassian gadgets