Every GreenHopper project is associated with a project template. Project templates make it quick and easy to set up and maintain GreenHopper projects with your preferred settings, ranging from Ranking and Flagging fields to your colour schemes and Task Board layout.
On this page:
About Project Templates
The 'Project Templates' page effectively defines a project template's 'global' settings, because any modifications to project templates made on this page will be used in the template that you:
- Choose when creating a new project
- Select (or switch to) for an existing project
Nevertheless, any individual project can override a project template's global settings, as described in Configuring your GreenHopper Project Settings.
About the 'Scrum' Template
When you set a project to use the 'Scrum' template, GreenHopper will do the following:
- Create the following JIRA custom fields:
- 'Flagged' — this field is of type 'Multi Checkboxes' and is available to all issue types. (See also Setting up a Flagging Field)
- 'Rank' — this field is of type 'GreenHopper Ranking' and is available to all issue types. (See also Setting up a Ranking Field)
- 'Story Points' — this field is of type 'Number Field' and is available to issue types 'Story' and 'Epic'.
- 'Business Value' — this field is of type 'Number Field' and is available to issue types 'Story' and 'Epic'.
- Create the following three JIRA issue types and associate them with the Default Issue Type Scheme:
- 'Epic' (See also Setting Up Epics for your Project)
- 'Technical Task'
A JIRA Administrator has the flexibility to modify the 'GreenHopper Scrum Issue Type Scheme' to meet their requirements for the 'Scrum' template. Should the 'GreenHopper Scrum Issue Type Scheme' be deleted it will be recreated automatically.
About Custom Templates
GreenHopper's custom templates feature allows you to define a set of project template settings under its own name, which are completely independent of the 'Scrum' and 'Default' project templates.
Modifying a Template
To configure a project template,
Screenshot: GreenHopper 'Default' Project Template
Screenshot: GreenHopper 'Scrum' Project Template
Managing Custom Templates
Creating a Custom Template
When you can create your own custom template, its initial settings will be based on an unmodified version of the 'Default' template.
To create your own custom template,
Changing the Name of a Custom Template
To change the name of a custom template,
Removing a Custom Template
To remove a custom template,
Setting a Project to use a Template
To specify which template a project will use, please see Configuring your General Project Settings.