Upgrading from GreenHopper 4.4 to 5.0
Please follow the upgrade instructions in the GreenHopper Installation and Upgrade Guide, plus note the following:
- GreenHopper 5.0 is only compatible with JIRA 4.1.x
- The Released Board has a new release mechanism for generating dynamic charts. From GreenHopper 5.0 onwards, static charts are no longer generated or stored on the filesystem. This will only be present, and work for, versions that were released in GreenHopper 5.0 or later. For versions (JIRA fixVersions) released in GreenHopper prior to 5.0, you will see the static chart that was previously generated and stored on the filesystem.
- GreenHopper 5.0 includes a new custom field, 'GreenHopper Released Version History'. This does not require any configuration, it is used for the dynamic release charts (as above).
- In GreenHopper 5.0, the top-level version/component in a hierarchy is now known as a 'Parent' (instead of 'Master').
- In User Preferences in GreenHopper 5.0, 'Cards per Row' is no longer present since the user interface uses the number of cards best suited to your screen size and view type.
Upgrading from GreenHopper 4.3 or earlier
In addition to the above, please read the GreenHopper 4.4 Upgrade Guide and the Upgrade Guide for every version you are skipping during the upgrade. The complete list of Upgrade Guides is available here.