Ranking an issue alters its relative priority within its current column and swimlane.
To rank an issue:
- Access the Rapid Board using the top navigation bar, then select your Rapid View from the 'Rapid View dropdown' (see Using the Rapid Board).
- Rank an issue by dragging and dropping it to a higher or lower position within its current column (see screenshot 1 below).
You can also use Keyboard Shortcuts 's' + 'b' to move an issue to the bottom of its current column, or 's' + 't' to move it to the top.
- You can only rank issues if ranking has been enabled — see Configuring a Rapid View.
- If an issue has subtasks that are in the same column and swimlane as itself, the subtasks will be shown in a group below the issue.
- When you rank an issue that has subtasks, all of the subtasks that are currently grouped with that issue will be automatically moved with it.
- Sub-task issues can only be ranked in relation to their 'sibling' issues.
Screenshot 1: Dragging and Dropping an Issue within a Column