JIRA workflow statuses map to columns in a Rapid View.
To configure these mappings, see Configuring a Rapid View.
To transition an issue to a different JIRA workflow status in a Rapid View:
- Access the Rapid Board using the top navigation bar, then select your Rapid View from the 'Rapid View dropdown' (see Using the Rapid Board).
- On the 'Work' tab, transition an issue (or issues) by dragging and dropping the issue from one column to another (see screenshot 1below).
- Use <Ctrl> or <Shift> to select multiple issues.
- When you start dragging an issue, you can only transition the issue to columns whose background turns blue. When the issue is hovered over the target column, the blue background turns green.
- If the target column is associated with more than one status then, when the issue is hovered over that column, each status will appear as a separate section with a dashed outline (see screenshot 2 below). Complete the transition to the appropriate status by dropping the issue onto the section of the column.
- If a dialog box opens for your workflow transition status, you must complete all mandatory fields (indicated by a red asterisk) before submitting the form.
You can also transition an issue via Keyboard Shortcuts if you prefer.
- To map JIRA workflow statuses to columns in a Rapid View, see Configuring a Rapid View.
- You can only transition an issue if you have permission to move that issue to the status in the JIRA workflow to which the column is mapped.
- GreenHopper will respect your workflows and will trigger all your JIRA workflow validations, conditions, functions and notifications on the transitions.
- Unlike the Task Board, the Rapid Board currently does not auto-assign issues to you.
Screenshot 1: Dragging and Dropping an Issue to Another Column
Screenshot 2: Dragging and Dropping an Issue to a Column with Multiple Statuses