The GreenHopper Agile Gadget allows you to view summaries of GreenHopper information from your projects directly on your JIRA dashboard. You can monitor the progress of versions, view charts and access common GreenHopper pages via the Agile gadget.
For more information on using gadgets in JIRA, please see the JIRA documentation.
On this page:
Adding the GreenHopper Agile gadget to your JIRA dashboard
To add the GreenHopper Agile Gadget to your JIRA dashboard,
Screenshot: The GreenHopper Agile Gadget
Configuring the GreenHopper Agile Gadget to display Cross-Project Burndown Charts
You can configure the GreenHopper Agile Gadget to display a burndown chart encompassing multiple projects. This is done by setting up a filter to retrieve data for the appropriate project versions and configuring the GreenHopper Agile Gadget to use the filter. The GreenHopper Agile Gadget will then display a burndown chart to represent the burndown progress across all project versions specified in the filter.
To configure the GreenHopper Agile Gadget to display cross-project burndown charts,
- Log into JIRA, if you are not logged in already.
- Click the 'Issues' link in the header. The 'Issue Navigator' will display.
- Click the 'New' tab next to the 'Filter' label in the left column.
Create your cross-project query as desired. You can do this by using either simple or advanced searching (JQL). For example, a cross-project query in advanced searching might look something like this,
(project = JRA AND fixVersion = "4.0") OR (project = GHS AND fixVersion = "4.0")
- Save your search as a filter by clicking the 'Save it as a filter' link under the 'Operations' section in the left column.
- Navigate to the JIRA dashboard that you want to add the GreenHopper Agile Gadget to.
- Click the 'Add Gadget' link in the top right. The 'Gadget Directory' screen will display.
- Find the 'GreenHopper Agile Gadget' in the list of gadgets and click 'Add it now'.
- Click the 'Finished' button in the bottom right.
- The 'GreenHopper Agile Gadget' gadget will display on your dashboard. Enter the following setup details for your gadget:
- 'Project or Saved Filter' — enter the name of the filter you just created.
- 'Display chart values' --— whether or not you want data points for the charts to be displayed in the gadget.
- 'Display chart legend' — whether or not you want the chart legend to be displayed in the gadget.
- 'Refresh Interval' — how often the data in the gadget will refresh.
- Click the 'Save' button. The Agile Gadget will display on your dashboard showing the cross-project burndown chart for the project versions specified in your issue filter.
Screenshot: The GreenHopper Agile Gadget (multiple project version burndown)
The 'Burnup' and 'Velocity' tabs will only be displayed if all the issues selected by your chosen filter, use the Scrum template.
The big list of Atlassian gadgets