The GreenHopper Task Board provides you with visibility on the progress of ongoing versions. You can view all of the issues assigned to a version and their status at a glance, as well as transition issues through a workflow by simply dragging and dropping it.
To view the task board for your project,
Screenshot: GreenHopper Task Board (click to view larger image)
The screenshot above shows an example Task Board. To learn more about how to use the Task Board, please see the sections below and the documentation linked from those sections.
GreenHopper will respect your workflows and will trigger all your workflow validations, conditions, functions and notifications on the transitions. Make sure you read the transition Card section also to see what is possible to do while transitioning issues on the GreenHopper Task Board.
Task Board — Navigation Bar
- Board dropdown — Select another GreenHopper board to view (Planning Board, Chart Board or Released Board).
- Project dropdown — Select the project whose issues you wish to view.
- Context dropdown — Select the context by which to filter issues ('Default', 'On the fly', or other contexts you have created). You can also select 'Manage' to edit your existing contexts, or 'New' to create a new context. Read more about contexts in Using Contexts to Filter and Highlight Issues.
- Refresh icon — Click the icon to reload the contents of the Task Board.
- Version dropdown — Select the version to be displayed on the Task Board.
- Assignee dropdown — Select the assignee whose issues will be displayed on the Task Board. You can select either an individual person, or 'All Assignees', or 'Unassigned'.
- 'New Card' — Click the 'New' link to create a new card (i.e. issue). For details see Creating an Issue in GreenHopper Classic.
- 'Views' dropdown — Select from the following:
- 'Cards' — Displays a detailed view of every issue. Read more about the 'Cards' view in Using Classic Task Board Views.
- 'Summaries' — Displays a compact view of every issue. Read more about the 'Summaries' view in Using Classic Task Board Views.
- 'List' — Displays a table with one issue per line. Read more about the 'List' view in Using Classic Task Board Views.
- Task Board Modes: — Displays issues in either 'Compact (Kanban)' or 'Outlined' mode. Read more about task board modes in Using Classic Task Board Views.
- Column Views: — Select any columns you that wish to appear on the task board. By default, all columns are visible.
These columns are defined by a GreenHopper/JIRA administrator or GreenHopper project administrator on the project's task board mapping page.
- 'Full Screen' — Hides the JIRA header so as to fit more cards on the screen.
- 'Tools' dropdown — Select from the following:
- 'Legend' — Displays the Issue Type legend on your Task Board for easy reference. The legend displays the card colour that is associated with each Issue Type.
- 'User Preferences' — Displays your user preferences for editing. Read more in Managing your User Preferences.
- 'Configuration' (Visible to administrators only) — Opens the GreenHopper Project Configuration screen. Read more in Configuring your GreenHopper Project Settings.
- Quick Filters— Click the following filters to refine the collection of displayed cards:
- 'Only My Issues' — Only display issues which are assigned to you.
- 'Hide Done Issues' — Only display issues which have not yet been resolved.
- 'Hide Sub-tasks' — Only display issues which are not sub-tasks of other issues.
'Quick Filters' only affect the cards that appear on the current board.
- Search — See Searching for Issues on a Classic Board.
Task Board — Columns
Screenshot: Task Board 'Done' Column
The Task Board typically contains the following three columns, from left to right, which map to JIRA statuses as shown (unless your administrator has customised the mapping):
Task Board column:
The following applies to each column:
- Cards — for a detailed description of the fields, icons and symbols displayed on each card (i.e. issue), please see Planning Board — Issues.
- Actions menu — Click the icon (which will appear at the top right of the column when you hover over it) to display a drop-down menu containing the following:
- 'Column Constraints' — Click to add a Constraint to the current column. See Adding Constraints to your Classic Task Board Columns (Kanban).
- 'Issue Navigator' — Click to display the issues from the current column in the JIRA Issue Navigator.
- 'Release' (available for the 'Done' column only; available in 'Compact (Kanban)' mode only; available to administrators only) — Click to create and release a version containing the issues in the current column. See Releasing a Version from the Task Board or Planning Board.
- Using Task Board Modes
- Using Task Board Views
- Transitioning Issues in GreenHopper
- Adding Constraints to your Task Board Columns (Kanban)