The GreenHopper Classic Cumulative Flow Chart Gadget displays a Cumulative Flow Diagram on your JIRA dashboard.
A Cumulative Flow Diagram (CFD) is an area chart that shows the various statuses of work items for a product, version, or sprint. The horizontal x-axis in a CFD indicates time, and the vertical y-axis indicates cards (issues). Each coloured area of the chart equates to a workflow status (i.e. a column on your board).
A CFD can be useful for identifying bottlenecks. If your chart contains an area that is widening vertically over time, the column that equates to the widening area will generally be a bottleneck.
Note that this page only applies if you are using the Classic Boards
(which are no longer being actively developed; read more
On this page:
Screenshot: The GreenHopper Classic Cumulative Flow Chart Gadget
Adding the GreenHopper Classic Cumulative Flow Chart gadget to your JIRA dashboard
To add the GreenHopper Classic Cumulative Flow Chart Gadget to your JIRA dashboard,
- Log into JIRA or navigate to your dashboard, if you are already logged in.
- Click the Add Gadget link in the top right. The Gadget Directory screen will display.
- Find the GreenHopper Classic Cumulative Flow Chart Gadget in the list of gadgets and click Add it now.
- Click the Finished button in the bottom right.
- The GreenHopper Cumulative Flow Chart Gadget gadget will display on your dashboard. Enter the following setup details for your gadget:
- Project — the JIRA project for which you want to display a CFD.
- Version — the project version for which you want to display a CFD.
Select Next Release Due (auto) to display the unreleased version with the latest release date.
- Context — select the context (e.g. 'Default', 'On the fly', or other contexts you have created) by which to filter issues when generating the CFD.
- Display Options — choose whether to display the Project Name and/or the Version Name in the CFD.
- Refresh Interval — choose how often the data in the gadget will refresh.
- Click the Save button. The GreenHopper Classic Cumulative Flow Chart Gadget will display on your dashboard.
Tip: You can add the GreenHopper Classic Cumulative Flow Chart Gadget to your dashboard multiple times, if you wish to track multiple projects/versions.