JIRA enables you to easily export your search results from the Issue Navigator to Microsoft Word. This can be a useful way to create reports in your own customized format.
Exporting to Microsoft Word
Before you begin:
- The export will include Description, Comments and all other issue data, not just the issue fields that are currently configured in your Issue Navigator.
- Large exports (e.g. hundreds of issues) are not recommended.
To export search results to Microsoft Word:
- Choose Issues > Search for Issues.
- Refine your search, as described in Searching for Issues, then choose the Export menu.
- Choose Word from the dropdown menu.
A file called
<My company's JIRA> - <My project>.docwill be created. Edit this file using Microsoft Word and/or save it as required.
Here is a sample exported file, viewed in Microsoft Word: