JIRA provides reports that show statistics for particular people, projects, versions, or other fields within issues. You can access these reports directly from your project browser screen:
Reports might also be located in the project Overview Summary screen below the issues graph.
You can access these reports directly from your project Overview Summary screen below the issues graph:
The following reports are included with JIRA:
- Average Age Report — Shows the average age (in days) of unresolved issues.
- Created vs Resolved Issues Report — Shows the number of issues created vs number of issues resolved over a given period of time.
- Pie Chart Report — Shows the search results from a specified issue filter (or project) in a pie-chart, based on a statistic of your choice.
- Resolution Time Report — Shows the average time taken to resolve issues.
- Recently Created Issues Report — Shows the rate at which issues are being created.
- Single Level Group By Report — Shows the search results from an issue filter, grouped by a field of your choice.
- Time Since Issues Report — Shows the number of issues for which your chosen date field (e.g. 'Created') was set on a given date.
- Time Tracking Report – Shows time tracking information on issues for a particular version of a project.
- User Workload Report * — Shows how much work a user has been allocated, and how long it should take.
- Version Time Tracking Report * — Shows progress towards completing a given version, based on issues' work logs and time estimates.
- Version Workload Report * — Shows how much outstanding work there is (per user and per issue) before a given version is complete.
- Workload Pie Chart Report * — Shows the relative workload for assignees of all issues in a particular project or issue filter.
* Only available if your JIRA administrator has enabled Time Tracking.
Additional Reporting is available!
- In addition to the built-in reports, other reports (e.g. Gantt Chart Report, Timesheet Report, JIRA SQL Plugin) are available for download from the Atlassian Marketplace.
- JIRA administrators can also create new reports with the plugin API — see . If you don't want to build a plugin yourself, Atlassian Experts are available for custom projects.
- Issue Filters can be exported to Microsoft Excel, where they can be further manipulated into charts and reports. See Exporting Search Results to Microsoft Excel.
- Confluence can work as a tool for business reporting. See Confluence Reporting HOWTO, in conjunction with Confluence's SQL plugin and Example SQL queries for JIRA.