In Early Access Program (EAP) releases, or in copies of JIRA running an evaluation license, JIRA displays a 'GOT FEEDBACK' link at the top right of all pages.
This link provides an easy way for any JIRA user to provide Atlassian with feedback about JIRA, which importantly influences how JIRA is improved in future versions.
Some JIRA administrators, however, prefer that such feedback is coordinated via them and so prefer to remove this feedback link. (However, Atlassian hopes you will pass this feedback on! Especially given that EAP releases are provided specifically so we can get early feedback on releases! And of course no one should be using Early Access Program releases in production.... Right?!)
To remove the 'GOT FEEDBACK' link:
- Log in as a user with the JIRA System Administrators global permission.
- Choose > Add-ons. The 'Find add-ons' screen shows add-ons available via the Atlassian Marketplace. Choose Manage Add-ons to view the plugins currently installed on your JIRA site.
Keyboard shortcut: g + g + start typing manage add-ons
- In the dropdown next to the Filter visible add-ons field, choose System.
- Enter JIRA Feedback Plugin in the Filter visible add-ons field.
- Click the JIRA Feedback Plugin row in the table to expand the entry and choose Disable.
Alternatively, you can remove it using the command line:
- Shutdown JIRA.
- Browse through JIRA Install folder.
setenv.batinside the bin folder.
Back up this file, in case anything goes wrong.
If you are using Linux, then browse through the bin folder and open
- On set JVM_REQUIRED_ARGS= (after all the existing parameters) insert the following line:
- Save the file.
- Restart JIRA
Note: If you are using JIRA OnDemand, you will not be able to disable this button. Please raise a support request and our support team can assist you with this (see Getting Help).