The 'Created vs Resolved' gadget displays a difference chart showing the number of issues created vs number of issues resolved over a given period of time. The chart is based on your choice of project or issue filter, and the chart can either be cumulative or not.
What does it look like?
The 'Created vs Resolved' gadget will appear as follows on the dashboard:
Adding the 'Created vs Resolved Issues' gadget to your Dashboard
- Go to your JIRA dashboard and click 'Add Gadget'.
- The 'Gadget Directory' will appear. Locate the 'Created vs Resolved' gadget and click the 'Add it Now' button. Then click the 'Finished' button at the bottom of the Gadget Directory.
- The 'Created vs Resolved' gadget will appear on your dashboard as follows, ready for you to configure:
- 'Project or Saved Filter' — start typing the name of the project (or saved filter) on whose issues the chart will be based. Alternatively, if you're unsure of the name of the project or filter you're looking for, click 'Advanced Search' to search for a project (or saved filter) whose name contains particular text; or a saved filter that was created by a particular user and/or is shared with particular users.
- 'Period' — select the timeframe on which the chart will be based:
- 'Days Previously' — enter the number of days' worth of data (counting backwards from today) to be included in the chart.
- 'Cumulative Totals?' — choose either:
- 'Yes' to progressively add data to the preceding column; or
- 'No' to show just a single value in each column.
- 'Display the Trend of Unresolved?' — choose either:
- 'Yes' to display an additional line graph showing the number of unresolved issues over time; or
- 'No' to show just the difference chart of issues created vs issues resolved.
- 'Display Versions?' — choose either:
- 'All versions' to show version release dates on the chart, for all released versions; or
- 'Only major versions' to show version release dates on the chart, for released versions that are named 'x.x' only; or
- 'None' to not show version release dates on the chart.
- 'Refresh Interval' — select how often you want the gadget to update the chart (never / every 15 minutes / every 30 minutes / every hour / every two hours).
- Click the 'Save' button.
Configuring your Internet Explorer cache settings
If you use Internet Explorer, you will need to configure your browser to be able to print pages with charts correctly:
- Select 'Internet Options' from the 'Tools' menu:
- The 'Internet Options' window will display. Click the 'Settings' button in the 'Temporary Internet files' (i.e. cache) section:
- The 'Settings' window will display. Ensure that you have do not have the 'Every visit to the page' (i.e. no caching) option selected. If so, select the 'Automatically' option instead.