Resolutions are the ways in which an issue can be closed. JIRA ships with a set of default resolutions, but you can add your own. To do so, follow the following steps.
- Log in as a user with the 'JIRA Administrators' global permission.
- Bring up the administration page by clicking either the 'Administration' link on the top bar or the title of the Administration box on the dashboard.
- On the panel on the left, under the title 'Issue Settings', click the link labelled 'Resolutions'.
- This will bring up the 'View Resolutions' page. The page lists the standard resolutions, along with a form underneath to add new resolutions.
- To add a new resolution, fill in the 'Add New Resolution' form. For the name put a short phrase that best describes your new resolution. For the description, put a sentence or two to describe when this resolution should be used. Click the 'Add' button to add your new resolution.
- The View Resolutions table can be used to edit, delete, set as default, and re-order the resolutions as they are displayed to the user who is resolving an issue.