JIRA enables you to easily export your search results from the Issue Navigator to Microsoft Word. This can be a useful way to create reports in your own customised format.
Exporting to Microsoft Word
To export search results to Microsoft Word,
- On the top navigation bar, click the 'Issues' tab.
- Refine your search, as described in 'Searching for Issues', until the required results are displayed in the Issue Navigator.
- The export will include Description, Comments and all other issue data, not just the issue fields that are currently configured in your Issue Navigator.
- Large exports (e.g. hundreds of issues) are not recommended.
- Click the 'Views' menu, and select 'Word'.
- A file called '<My company's JIRA> - <My project>.doc' will be created. Edit this file using Microsoft Word and/or save it as required.
Here is a sample exported file, viewed in Microsoft Word: