JIRA allows you to attach files to an issue, if the administrator has configured JIRA and your permissions appropriately.
On this page:
Attaching a File to an Issue
To attach a file to a JIRA issue:
- Open the JIRA issue to which you wish to attach a file.
- From the 'More Actions' menu, select 'Attach File'.
- The 'Attach Files' page will appear:
- Click the 'Browse' button to search for your files.
You can attach up to three files at once: after you have selected the first file, a second box will appear, then a third.
The maximum size of any one file is 10MB.
File names cannot contain any of these characters:
'\', '/','\"', '%', ':', '$', '?', '*'.
- (Optional) Enter a comment about the files(s) you are attaching.
If you enter a comment, then you can also set the security level for the comment by selecting the appropriate value from the 'Comment Viewable By:' dropdown. The security level for the comment will initially be defaulted to '
- Click the 'Attach' button.
Viewing an Image Gallery
JIRA automatically displays image files (ie. GIFs, JPGs, PNGs), including any screenshots, as a 'thumbmail' within the issue as follows:
Screenshot: Viewing image files within an issue
You can click on an image's thumbnail to preview a larger version of it in a popup.
Exporting Attachments as a ZIP File
To download all the files attached to an issue (including any screenshots) as a single ZIP file:
- Open the JIRA issue from which you wish to export all attachments as a zip file.
- Click the 'Download' icon:
Removing a File Attachment from an Issue
To remove a file attachment from a JIRA issue:
- Open the JIRA issue from which you wish to remove a file.
- Click the 'Manage Attachments' icon:
- The 'Manage Attachments' page will appear:
- Locate the file you wish to delete and click the 'Delete Attachment' icon: