The 'Single Level Group By' report displays issues returned from a specified issue filter, grouped by a specified field. For example, an issue filter can be created to retrieve all open issues for a particular version of a particular project. The 'Single Level Group By' report can then be used to display these issues grouped by a specified field (e.g. Assignee).
On this page:
What does the 'Single Level Group By' report look like?
The report generated will look something like this:
Screenshot: 'Single Level Group By' report
The report displays the issues returned by the specified filter, grouped by the specified field.
Generating a 'Single Level Group By' report
- On the top navigation bar, click the white triangle next to 'Projects'. The projects dropdown will display.
Tip: If you click on the 'Projects' link instead of the triangle, the summary for your current project will display.
- Click the project that you wish to browse. If it is not displayed in the dropdown, click 'View All Projects' — you will be able to view a list of all projects set up in your JIRA instance and select your project from there. (The choice of project will not affect the report.)
- Click the 'Reports' menu on the right of the page and click 'Single Level Group By Report' from the dropdown menu that displays. The following form will appear:
- Click 'Select Filter...'.
- The popup Filter Picker will appear. Select the issue filter. You will then be returned to the form.
- In the 'Statistic Type' field, select the field by which the report will group the issues returned from your chosen issue filter.