The 'Time Since Issues' report is a bar chart showing the number of issues for which your chosen date field (e.g. 'Created', 'Updated', 'Due', 'Resolved', or a custom field) was set on a given date. The report is based on your choice of project or issue filter, and your chosen units of time (ie. hours, days, weeks, months, quarters or years).
On this page:
What does the 'Time Since Issues' report look like?
The report generated will look something like this:
Screenshot: 'Time Since Issues' report
Generating a 'Time Since Issues' report
- On the top navigation bar, click the white triangle next to 'Projects'. The projects dropdown will display.
Tip: If you click on the 'Projects' link instead of the triangle, the summary for your current project will display.
- Click the project that you wish to browse. If it is not displayed in the dropdown, click 'View All Projects' — you will be able to view a list of all projects set up in your JIRA instance and select your project from there. (The choice of project will not affect the report.)
- Click the 'Reports' menu on the right of the page and click 'Time Since Issues Report' from the dropdown menu that displays. The following form will appear:
- Click 'Select Filter or Project'.
- The popup Filter or Project Picker will appear. Select the project, or issue filter, in which you are interested. You will then be returned to the form.
- In the 'Date Field' field, select the date in which you are interested (e.g. 'Created', 'Updated', 'Due' , *'Resolved', or a custom field of type 'Date').
*Note: only available if time tracking has been enabled by your JIRA administrator.
- In the 'Period' field, select the timeframe on which the report will be based:
- In the 'Days Previously' field, enter the number of days' worth of data (counting backwards from today) to be included in the report.
- In the 'Cumulative Totals?' field, choose either:
- 'Yes' to progressively add data to the preceding column; or
- 'No' to show just a single value in each column.
Configuring your Internet Explorer cache settings
If you use Internet Explorer, you will need to configure your browser to be able to print pages with charts correctly:
- Select 'Internet Options' from the 'Tools' menu:
- The 'Internet Options' window will display. Click the 'Settings' button in the 'Temporary Internet files' (i.e. cache) section:
- The 'Settings' window will display. Ensure that you have do not have the 'Every visit to the page' (i.e. no caching) option selected. If so, select the 'Automatically' option instead.