The Activity Stream gadget displays a summary of recent activity in JIRA projects (and/or by particular people) in which you are interested.
The 'Activity Stream' gadget also provides an RSS feed, allowing you to create very specific RSS feeds of only the information that is most relevant to you. Simply add the 'Activity Stream' gadget to your dashboard, specify the people/projects of interest (see instructions below), then click the RSS icon: .
What does it look like?
The 'Activity Stream' gadget should appear as follows on the dashboard:
Adding the 'Activity Stream' gadget to your Dashboard
- Go to your JIRA dashboard and click 'Add Gadget'.
- The 'Gadget Directory' will appear. Locate the 'Activity Stream' gadget and click the 'Add it Now' button. Then click the 'Finished' button at the bottom of the Gadget Directory.
- The Activity Stream gadget will appear on your dashboard as follows, ready for you to configure:
- 'Title' — type a heading for this gadget.
- 'Projects' — select one or more projects (or 'All Projects') for which to display activity.
- 'Username' — type the usernames of one or more people whose activity you wish to display (or leave blank to display everyone's activity).
- 'Number of Entries' — type the number of activities that you want the gadget to display.
- 'Refresh Interval' — select how often you want the gadget to update the displayed activity (never / every 15 minutes / every 30 minutes / every hour / every two hours).
- Click the 'Save' button.