JIRA provides a Road Map for each component of a project, which shows issues scheduled for the next ten unreleased versions (whereas the Change Log shows released versions). The Road Map provides an overview of progress made towards releasing a version.
To browse a component's Road Map,
- On the top navigation bar, click the white triangle next to 'Projects'. The projects dropdown will display.
Tip: You can access your current project directly by simply clicking the 'Projects' link instead of the triangle.
- Click the project that you wish to browse. If it is not displayed in the dropdown, click 'View All Projects' — you will be able to view a list of all projects set up in your JIRA instance and select your project from there.
- Click the 'Components' tab on the left of the page.
- Click the name of the component in which you are interested.
- Click the 'Road Map' tab. The road map for your component will display (see screenshot below)
- Click the grey arrow next to any version to expand the list of issues related to that version.
- Click the 'View personal road map' link to see issues assigned to you for the next four unreleased versions of a project.
Screenshot: Viewing a component's road map