JIRA provides a Summary of each version of a project, which shows recent activity in that version, plus a list of issues that are due soon.
To browse a version's summary,
- On the top navigation bar, click the white triangle next to 'Projects'. The projects dropdown will display.
Tip: You can access your current project directly by simply clicking the 'Projects' link instead of the triangle.
- Click the project that you wish to browse. If it is not displayed in the dropdown, click 'View All Projects' — you will be able to view a list of all projects set up in your JIRA instance and select your project from there.
- Click the 'Versions' tab on the left of the page. Click the name of the version in which you are interested.
- Click the 'Summary' tab. The summary for your version will display (see screenshot below) displaying the recently updated issues related to the version, by default.
- Click the 'Release Notes' link to view the release notes for the version (if released).
- Click the 'Filters' menu and select the filter to apply to the issues displayed on the screen.
- Click any of the icons to go through to the Issue Navigator and see the full list of issues.
- You can also navigate to the version summaries for the versions prior to the current version and the versions following the current version by clicking the version links above the 'Release Notes' and 'Filters' menus.
Viewing a project version's summary