JIRA enables you to easily export your search results from the Issue Navigator to Microsoft Excel. This can be a useful way to format data and create your own customised reports, graphs and charts.
Exporting to Microsoft Excel
- On the top navigation bar, click the 'Issues' tab.
- Refine your search, as described in 'Searching for Issues', until the required results are displayed in the Issue Navigator.
- Large exports (e.g. many hundreds of issues) are not recommended.
- To change the number of issues that are exported, change the value of the tempMax parameter in the URL.
- Click the 'Views' menu, and select one of the following:
- 'Excel (All fields)' — this will create a spreadsheet column for every issue field (excluding comments).
- 'Excel (Current fields)' — this will create a spreadsheet column for the issue fields that are currently displayed in your Issue Navigator.
- A file called '<My company's JIRA> - <My project>.xls' will be created. Edit this file using Microsoft Excel and/or save it as required.
Here is a sample exported file, viewed in Microsoft Excel: