The 'Average Age' gadget displays a bar chart showing the average age (in days) of unresolved issues at given points in time. The report is based on your choice of project or issue filter, and your chosen units of time (ie. hours, days, weeks, months, quarters or years). For the purposes of this gadget an issue is defined as unresolved if it has no value in the system Resolution field. The age of an issue is the difference between the current date and the created date of the issue.
What does it look like?
The 'Average Age' gadget will appear as follows on the dashboard:
A report showing this information is also available.
Adding the 'Average Age' gadget to your Dashboard
To add the 'Average Age' gadget to your dashboard:
- Go to your JIRA dashboard and click 'Add Gadget'.
- The 'Gadget Directory' will appear. Locate the 'Average Age' gadget and click the 'Add it Now' button. Then click the 'Finished' button at the bottom of the Gadget Directory.
- The Average Age gadget will appear on your dashboard as follows, ready for you to configure:
- 'Project or Saved Filter' — start typing the name of the project (or saved filter) on whose issues the chart will be based. Alternatively, if you're unsure of the name of the project or filter you're looking for, click 'Advanced Search' to search for a project (or saved filter) whose name contains particular text; or a saved filter that was created by a particular user and/or is shared with particular users.
- 'Period' — select the timeframe on which the chart will be based:
- 'Days Previously' — enter the number of days' worth of data (counting backwards from today) to be included in the chart.
- 'Refresh Interval' — select how often you want the gadget to update the chart (never / every 15 minutes / every 30 minutes / every hour / every two hours).
- Click the 'Save' button.
Configuring your Internet Explorer cache settings
If you use Internet Explorer, you will need to configure your browser to be able to print pages with charts correctly:
- Select 'Internet Options' from the 'Tools' menu:
- The 'Internet Options' window will display. Click the 'Settings' button in the 'Temporary Internet files' (i.e. cache) section:
- The 'Settings' window will display. Ensure that you have do not have the 'Every visit to the page' (i.e. no caching) option selected. If so, select the 'Automatically' option instead.