The Filter Results gadget displays the results of a specified issue filter on the dashboard. It can be configured to display a maximum number of issues from the collection returned from the specified filter.
What does it look like?
The 'Filter Results' gadget should appear as follows on the dashboard:
You may also be interested in the Two-Dimensional Filter Statistics Gadget
Adding the 'Filter Results' Gadget to your Dashboard
- Go to your JIRA dashboard and click 'Add Gadget'.
- The 'Gadget Directory' will appear. Locate the 'Filter Results' gadget and click the 'Add it Now' button. Then click the 'Finished' button at the bottom of the Gadget Directory.
- The Filter Results gadget will appear on your dashboard as follows, ready for you to configure:
- 'Saved Filter' — start typing the name of the filter, or click the 'Advanced Search' link to search for a filter/select one of your favourite filters/select a filter that you have created.
- 'Number of Results' — type the maximum number of issues that you want the gadget to display per page.
- 'Columns to display' — select the column(s) (i.e. issue fields) that you want the gadget to display, or choose 'Default Columns' to display Issue Type, Key and Summary.
- 'Refresh Interval' — select how often you want the gadget to update the displayed activity (never / every 15 minutes / every 30 minutes / every hour / every two hours).
- Click the 'Save' button.
The "Filter Results" gadget has replaced the "Saved Filter" portlet.