The 'Time Since' gadget displays a bar chart showing the number of issues for which your chosen date field (e.g. 'Created', 'Updated', 'Due', 'Resolved', or a custom field) was set on a given date. 'Resolved' here is the system Resolution Date field, which is the last date that the system Resolution field was set to any non-empty value. The report is based on your choice of project or issue filter, and your chosen units of time (ie. hours, days, weeks, months, quarters or years).
What does it look like?
The 'Time Since' gadget will appear as follows on the dashboard:
Adding the 'Time Since' Gadget to your Dashboard
- Go to your JIRA dashboard and click 'Add Gadget'.
- The 'Gadget Directory' will appear. Locate the 'Time Since' gadget and click the 'Add it Now' button. Then click the 'Finished' button at the bottom of the Gadget Directory.
- The Time Since gadget will appear on your dashboard as follows, ready for you to configure:
- 'Project or Saved Filter' — start typing the name of the project or filter, or click the 'Advanced Search' link to search for a project or filter.
- 'Date Field' — select the date in which you are interested (e.g. 'Created', 'Updated', 'Due' *, 'Resolved', or a custom field of type 'Date').
*Note: only available if time tracking has been enabled by your JIRA administrator.
- 'Period' — select the timeframe on which the report will be based: 'Hourly' / 'Daily' / 'Weekly' / 'Quarterly' / 'Yearly'
- 'Days Previously' — enter the number of days' worth of data (counting backwards from today) to be included in the report.
- 'Cumulative Totals?' — choose either:
- 'Yes' to progressively add data to the preceding column; or
- 'No' to show just a single value in each column.
- 'Refresh Interval' — select how often you want the gadget to update the displayed activity (never / every 15 minutes / every 30 minutes / every hour / every two hours).
- Click the 'Save' button.
Configuring your Internet Explorer cache settings
If you use Internet Explorer, you will need to configure your browser to be able to print pages with charts correctly:
- Select 'Internet Options' from the 'Tools' menu:
- The 'Internet Options' window will display. Click the 'Settings' button in the 'Temporary Internet files' (i.e. cache) section:
- The 'Settings' window will display. Ensure that you have do not have the 'Every visit to the page' (i.e. no caching) option selected. If so, select the 'Automatically' option instead.