The Summary page for a project in JIRA shows recent activity in the project, plus a list of versions and issues that are due soon.
To browse a project's summary,
- On the top navigation bar, click the white triangle next to 'Projects'. The projects dropdown will display.
Tip: You can access your current project directly by simply clicking the 'Projects' link instead of the triangle.
- Click the project that you wish to browse. If it is not displayed in the dropdown, click 'View All Projects' — you will be able to view a list of all projects set up in your JIRA instance and select your project from there.
- Ensure that the 'Summary' tab page is displayed (see screenshot below). If not, click the 'Summary' tab on the left to show this page.
- Click the appropriate icon (e.g. 'Bug', 'Improvement', 'Task' etc) next to the 'Create' label in the top right, to create an issue of that issue type.
- Click the 'Reports' menu and click the relevant dropdown menu item to generate reports for the project. See Generating Reports for more information.
- Click the 'Filters' menu and click the relevant dropdown menu item to view issues in the Issue Navigator with the relevant filter applied. See Saving Searches ('Issue Filters') for more information on filters.
Screenshot: 'Summary' page for a Project
Tip: You can click the icon in the 'Issues: Due' or 'Issues: Updated recently' sections to view an extended list of issues through the Issue Navigator. Clicking this icon in the 'Versions: Due' section takes you through to the versions tab.