Administrators can configure an announcement banner to display pertinent information on all JIRA pages. The banner can be used to relate important information (e.g. scheduled server maintenance, approaching project deadlines, etc.) to all users. Further, the banner visibility level can be configured to display to all users or just logged-in users.
The banner can be configured to contain HTML text.
Configuring an Announcement Banner
- Log in as a user with the 'JIRA Administrators' global permission.
- Select 'Administration' > 'System' > 'User Interface' > 'Announcement Banner' (tab) to open the 'Edit Announcement Banner' page.
Keyboard shortcut: 'g' + 'g' + start typing 'announcement banner'
- Enter the required text in the 'Announcement' field.
- Select the required 'Visibility Level' for the banner.
- Click the Set Banner button.
Depending on the visibility level selected, the banner will become visible throughout JIRA.
Screenshot: Configuring the Announcement Banner
Banner Visibility Mode
The announcement banner visibility level can be configured to specify to whom the banner will be displayed. There are two modes:
- Public — the banner is visible to everyone
- Private — the banner is visible to logged-in users only