Upgrading from JIRA 3.11 to 3.12
Please follow the JIRA general upgrade instructions, plus note the following:
- Everyone who had the 'JIRA Administrators' global permission before the upgrade will automatically receive the new 'JIRA System Administrators' global permission during the upgrade. This will ensure that everyone can still perform the same functions they could previously.
- The following new Seraph property can be used to fix JRA-10508:
- Due to the Seraph upgrade, to fix JRA-10508 all users will be prompted to log in again. This will also affect users who have the 'Remember me' checkbox ticked.
- If you are building JIRA from source, please note that Maven2 is now required for a build. This is because the JIRA Fisheye Plugin requires Maven2.
- If you are using the JIRA Toolkit, it is recommended that you upgrade to the latest version in order to fix JRA-13553
- Please note that the new Trusted Applications feature is not supported on Orion versions prior to 2.0.5. Also note that Resin2 has problems and you will need to update the Resin extra jars.
- There is a new database table. Please see the following page for details
Upgrading from JIRA 3.10.2 and earlier
In addition to the above, please read the Upgrade Guide for every version you are skipping during the upgrade. The complete list of Upgrade Guides is available here.
Using the Trusted Applications feature with Crowd
Please note that older versions of the Crowd client, (i.e. version 1.2.1 or earlier), can interfere with the correct operation of the Trusted Applications feature. If you are enabling Trusted Applications and using Crowd, please ensure that your Crowd client is version 1.2.2 or later.