The 'User Workload' report displays useful time tracking information on issues assigned to a particular user. It shows the number of unresolved issues assigned to the specified user, and the workload remaining, on a per-project basis.
Note: this report is only available if time tracking has been enabled by your JIRA administrator.
On this page:
What does the 'User Workload' report look like?
The report generated will look something like this:
Screenshot: 'User Workload' report
The table shows the number of unresolved issues assigned to the specified user, and the workload remaining, on a per-project basis. The last line in the table shows the total the number of issues and the total workload remaining for this user.
Generating a 'User Workload' report
To generate a user workload report:
- On the top navigation bar, click the white triangle next to 'Projects'. The projects dropdown will display.
Tip: If you click on the 'Projects' link instead of the triangle, the summary for your current project will display.
- Click the project that you wish to browse. If it is not displayed in the dropdown, click 'View All Projects' — you will be able to view a list of all projects set up in your JIRA instance and select your project from there. (The choice of project will not affect the report.)
- Click the 'Reports' menu on the right of the page and click 'User Workload Report' from the dropdown menu that displays. The following form will appear:
- Select or type the name of the user for whom you wish to generate a User Workload report.
- In the 'Sub-task Inclusion' drop-down list (note: this will only appear if sub-tasks are enabled), choose which sub-tasks will be included in the report, for all parent issues that belong to this version:
- Select 'Only including sub-tasks assigned to the selected user' to only include an issue's sub-tasks if the sub-tasks are assigned to the selected user; or
- Select 'Also including unassigned sub-tasks' to include an issue's sub-tasks regardless of whether the sub-tasks are assigned to the selected user or not.
- Click 'Next' to generate the report (See screenshot in previous section above).