Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Any of the below actions results in the example Stack Trace below.
- Accessing Issues
- Browsing the Project Summary
- Filtering Issues by a Field
The following appears in the
This particular case has two known causes:
- One or more Versions are pointing to one or more Projects that no longer exist.
- One or more Statuses are used by a Workflow and no longer exist.
Verify if there are missing Versions with Projects attached to them with the below SQL:
If rows are returned from the above SQL, follow these instructions to remove them:
- Back up JIRA.
- Shut down JIRA.
- Run the below SQL.
- Restart JIRA and test to ensure the exception is not presented.
Always back up your data before performing any modification to the database. If possible, try your modifications on a test server.
The provided SQL examples above are PostgreSQL and the syntax may need to be modified depending on your JIRA database.
If the above does not fix the problem, check if any Statuses are missing:
- Enter the Workflow Designer for the JIRA issue(s) that are experiencing problems.
- Confirm that that the statuses listed in the workflow are loaded in JIRA.
- If any are missing, add them in manually.
- Test and see if the problem is fixed.
Expand to see related content
Related Content with Label 'database_integrity'