Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
The "Log Work Done" option is not available from the user interface. In JIRA 4.1 and later, this is usually listed in the
More Actions menu.
This is due to one of several JIRA configurations.
- Ensure the user has the "Work on Issues" permission in the permission scheme. It's possible that the user is not in the group, or not in the project role.
- Ensure that time tracking is enabled globally.
- Check whether the issue is 'Closed', or the workflow has put the issue in a state that is uneditable.
- Ensure that the
Time Tracking field is visible (not
hidden) on the Field Configuration.
Note that this last procedure will allow editing of closed issues. If you wish to edit only this one issue, simply reopen the issue, add time tracking, and re-close.
- Choose the issue that is being affected by this problem (e.g. issues with Closed status).
- Navigate to
Administration >> Global Settings >> Workflows and check for the Active workflow that the issue is using.
- Create a draft workflow since the current workflow is in an
- Click on View Properties for the affected issue status.
- Delete jira.issue.editable if it's set to
- Add a new property with the same property key (jira.issue.editable) but set to
- Publish this workflow draft.
Expand to see related content
Related Content with Label 'time_tracking'