The Atlassian Marketplace website offers hundreds of apps that administrators can install to enhance and extend your Jira applications. If the app request feature is enabled for your instance, you can submit requests for Marketplace apps directly to your administrator.
The 'Atlassian Marketplace for Jira' page presents an integrated view of the Marketplace website from within the Jira user interface. The page offers the same features as the Marketplace website, such as app search and category filtering, but tailors the browsing experience to Jira application users.
This in-product view of the Marketplace gives day-to-day users of the Atlassian applications, not just administrators, an easy way to discover the apps that can help them work. When you find an app of interest, you can submit a request with just a few clicks.
Submitting an app request
- From anywhere in the application, open your profile menu and choose Atlassian Marketplace.
- In the Atlassian Marketplace page, use the search box to find apps or use the category menus to browse or filter by apps by type, popularity, price or other criteria. You can see what your fellow users have requested by choosing the Most Requested filter.
When you find an app that interests you, click Request to generate a request for your administrator.
- Optionally, type a personal message to your administrators in the text box. This message is visible to administrators in the details view for the app
- When ready, click Submit Request.
- Click Close to dismiss the 'Success!' message dialog box.
At this point, a notification appears in the interface your administrators use to administer apps. Also your request message will appear in the app details view, visible from the administrator's 'Find New apps' page. From there, your administrator can purchase the app, try it out or dismiss requests.
Updating an app request
After submitting the request, you can update your message at any time. Click the Update Request button next to the listing in the 'Atlassian Marketplace' page to modify the message to your administrator.
The administrator is not notified of the update. However, your updated message will appear, as you have modified it in the details view for the app immediately.